1 Timothy 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a rm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.ay they will lay up treasure for themselves as a rm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
Because our hope is in God, we can joyfully and generously give of our earthly treasures now. Instead of hoarding, we can share. Instead of being materially rich, we can be rich in good deeds. Instead of storing up treasures here on earth where moths and vermin destroy, we can lay up treasure for ourselves in the coming age. So, as we give of our treasures to the church, we make gospel ministry possible in a practical and signi cant way whilst guarding our hearts from the love of money and nding our identity and security in our wealth.
There are three opportunities to give. Giving is a spiritual discipline which requires prayer and careful planning.
1) Ministry: General offering to ministry enables the work of the gospel at our church to continue. It also enables the Parish Council to strategically plan for the future – e.g. hiring new staff – and meet current financial commitments – e.g. paying the electricity bills.
If you are able and willing to financially partner with the church above and beyond your general offering to the ministry of the church, there are two ways you can do this:
2) Mission: We want to be generous to others with our wealth. So, every year we raise money to support local and overseas ministries as well as provide for the poorest people in the poorest countries in the world.
3) Maintenance: We have large and old buildings which have various requirements to make them safe and usable for gospel ministry. Money raised for maintenance will be used to redevelop and renovate the church property.
There are three ways to give:
1) Giving Box : You can give via cash or cheque through the Giving Box at the back of the church on Sundays.
2) Online Giving : Use the bank details below to set up automatic payments from your bank. This is our preferred method as it encourages planned, sacrificial and budgeted giving as well as minimising administration on the part of the Parish Treasurer. The church’s bank details are as follows:
“Ministry” or “Mission” – Please reference accordingly
Account name: Camberwell South Anglican Church (CSAC) BSB: 083166
Account name: St Mary’s Camberwell Building Fund Account* BSB: 703122
Account number: 05009232
*NB: This account still goes by our old name, ‘St Mary’s Anglican Church’
3) Direct Debt : Use the Anglican Development Fund (ADF) form. The ADF processes our direct debit payments free of charge to the church. The form is also available on the information table at the back of church. Please fill it out and place it in the secured giving box located on the information table at back of church. This is also a preferred method as it encourages planned, sacrificial and budgeted giving as well as minimising administration on the part of the Parish Treasurer.